The school welcomes children from the age of three and provides them with quality nursery, primary and lower secondary level education. The school offers two linguistic sections, an English and a French section, and may organise courses in other mother tongues (L1) with the concerned students being integrated into one of the existing sections for the rest of the curriculum.
The emphasis is put on:
- language learning;
- in-depth teaching of Sciences and Mathematics;
- general culture;
- digital competences.
The curriculum in primary and secondary levels includes:
- the compulsory study of a first foreign language (L2) (English, French or German);
- the compulsory study of a second foreign language (L3) from the 1st year of secondary (S1);
- the possibility of studying a third foreign language (L4), available from the 4th year of the secondary (S4);
- the “European hours”course given to primary school pupils from the third year (P3)onwards, which is aimed at developing a spirit of collaboration and respect between pupils of different countries;
- Art, Music and Physical Education courses in the first foreign language (L2);
- a Human Sciences course given in L2 starting from the third year of the secondary cycle (S3).
Note that all our class teachers are native speakers.
Basic Proficiency Level in Modern Languages*
|Early education||Primary||Secondary S3|
*Reference table according to the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages“.
A flexible support system is in place to meet the needs of each pupil; its main features are:
- differentiated teaching in the classroom;
- organisation of courses in small groups, according to the needs of the students;
- organisation of “learning to learn” and coaching courses for students during their free time;
- readings guided by the librarian;
- supervised and guided study hours.
L’évaluation fait partie intégrante du processus d’apprentissage. Elle est intimement liée à notre programme et à notre enseignement. Nous considérons que l’évaluation joue en effet un rôle essentiel pour guider l’enseignant dans ses actions pédagogiques afin qu’il s’ajuste aux besoins de votre enfant. En classe, les enseignants recourent à différentes sortes de stratégies et d’outils qu’ils adaptent de façon à ce qu’ils répondent aux buts prévus et aux besoins individuels des élèves.
Assessments will consider both written and oral performances. Different methods of evaluation will be used during the year:
- an assessment at the beginning of the year according to the levels required to organize the learning support;
- courses (including integration of new students);
- formative evaluations;
- summative evaluations.
The teacher will regularly assess the student’s writing and oral skills by means of:
- evaluation of notebooks, presentations, and dissertations.
Students will be invited to follow self-evaluation methodologies, aimed at developing autonomous and successful learners.