INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Whenever requested by students, teachers, or parents the KiVa Team intervenes and takes the following actions:
- Individual discussion of the with KiVa team member/s take place with the student not feeling at ease within the group: The student gives details about the situation he/she is facing, and the KiVa team member shows that s/he is there to help.
- Individual discussions of the KiVa Team members with the other students involved.
The students are asked what they could do to improve the situation in class and specifically for the student who does not feel at ease. The suggestions which have been suggested and agreed on are noted.
- A notification email is sent to the parents of the students who have the discussions with the KiVa team.
- After a maximum period of 2 weeks the Kiva team organises an individual follow-up discussion with the students involved and investigates if the situation has improved.
- Individual discussion between the class teacher/principal teacher and classmates who could help the student facing a difficulty or is being bullied in class. The student’s classmates are informed and requested to act in a way that supports and helps the student in question.
The KiVa team will guide the pupils to find positive solutions by themselves. There’s no need for parents to worry if they do not have more detailed information about the case after the notification email. The KiVa procedure aims to help children to become autonomous in solving conflicts. The KiVa team works in cooperation with the class teacher.
If you have further questions about the programme, you may contact the KiVa Team directly in the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that the KiVa team doesn’t accuse or punish anyone but helps to develop empathy and positive solutions.